Monday, December 1, 2008

I'm back (sort of)

My Blog Sabbath has ended. Sort of. On November 10, I announced a Blog Sabbath, but broke it a few times. Still, I have not posted nearly as regularly as I usually do.

I've enjoyed by Blog Sabbath so much that I don't know if I'll return to my habit of posting regularly, as in every day or every other day or so.

A regular stream of visitors continue to stop by my blog, sometimes reaching several hundred per day, though not usually so many unless I happen to have some media event going on such as a radio interview or someone with a large blog following links to one of my posts.

But very few tend to post comments. Perhaps this is because I moderate comments (I do so primarily to weed out blog vandals who stop by just to partake in some ad hominem name calling, drop a lot of profanity, etc.). I think it is probably more human nature to want to observe in such venues -- lurk -- than vocally participate, despite the anonymity that the Internet can provide.

At any rate, we'll see how things go. I will endeavor to continue blogging so long as I am moved to so do and the stats indicate people still have an interest.

1 comment:

David Parker said...

Welcome back! From experience I can vouch that posting once or twice per week is much more manageable. It gives more time to mull over the topic/argument and the end result is a better post anyways. It is rare that a once-a-day blog maintains the quality of a once-a-week blog.